10/9/11

"In support of Occupy ..." - Why this title

When I first came across the Occupy Together map it had only 200+ entries on it. What struck me was most of them in the US.

Corruption of politics and government is not just a US problem. It is a problem that is endemic world wide (just ask the residents of Bhopal, India).  We need to recognize this and reach out to those like minded individuals not just here in the states but everywhere.  We need to share resources, ideas with everyone around the world who is committed to ending the corruption of our politics and government by the corporations.

With that in mind I decided to start every blog post with the phrase "In support of Occupy ..." so that in a small way I could send the message that I support members of the occupy movement wherever you are.

Now, as of this posting, if you go to the map you will see:

  • There are 1280 occupy groups (and growing)
  • A significant number of them are from oversees.
I welcome all of these new members but especially our new members from outside the US. If there is anything I can do to help and support you, please post a comment here and I will get back to you.

There are a number of resources that can help with communications and sources of advice.  Some of them that I find useful are:
One bite at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated. Please be respectful of the views of others.